Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Learning the Books of the Bible


Have you ever been sitting in church and the Pastor asks you to turn to a Book in the Bible and you can't remember where it is?  You do one of three things: 1. Look around to see where the people around you are "landing" in the Bible so you can flip to that part of your own Bible.  2. You discreetly turn to the Table of Contents and look for a page number.  OR 3. You quickly sing through the Books of the Bible Song you learned in Sunday School as a kid.  

I learned a version of the books of the Bible song.  I still use it to this day.  I wanted my kids to learn it as well.

I searched around and found a few versions of this song, but unfortunately they each had a bit of a cheese factor that immediately turned my girls off.  Then I remembered the version they played at our church.  Here it is: 




We've found that the best time for us to listen to it is in the car on the way to school.  The first few times, the girls brought their Bibles in the car to read along.  A week and a half later, they just about have it!  It's been fun to learn it together.  It's kind of catchy, don't ya think?  We find ourselves singing it at random times.

My family loves music.  It's one of the easiest and funnest ways for us to learn.  

Does your family listen to any songs as a way of learning?  


  

  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...