Hi. Remember me? My name is Heather. I'm the one who created this blog and hasn't blogged since June 1st. I used to talk about gardens and homemade products. Once in a while I'd put something random about my kids in there. Is it coming back to you yet? Yes?! That's me! Good. You remember.
I think I've committed one of the most carnal sins a blogger can make....I haven't blogged in 25 days! Isn't that blog death or something? Although, I do use the term "blogger" loosely when it comes to me.
If you haven't guessed already, I'm a starter. I like to start things, get the ball rolling and then... watch that ball roll right down the hill. Do I run after it? No. That's what a maintainer is for. The maintainer runs after the ball to keep it in the court. I haven't quite figured out how to be a maintainer. Hence the name of my blog, Diary of a "disciplined" Mom. I'm working on it though.
I'm writing to say that I won't be blogging much this summer. Summer is a busy time for our family. What am I saying? Life is a busy for my family, but now that my girls are on summer break I'm struggling to maintain everything all at once. I know, poor me. "Boo hoo, your kids are home for the summer." I realize many families homeschool and have their kiddos home year 'round. I'm not complaining about them being home, I'm simply stating the facts. I am working on sorting through my priorities for the summer. The time we have as our kids are growing goes so fast, I don't want to waste a minute!
With that being said, here is the beginning of our Summer Break To-Do List:
- Go camping
- Spend a day at the library
- Go swimming
- Catch lightening bugs
- Go to Cosi
- Go to the Zoo
- Roast marshmallows over a camp fire
- Make homemade ice cream
- Play mini golf
- Paint pottery
Here's what I will be doing:
- Making sure that none of these events listed above end up in a hospital visit
- Finding creative ways to use these outings as opportunities for building character
- Gardening (my humble little garden is doing GREAT! I'll share pics later in the summer)
- Working at my church - which I love!
- Praying about the "discipline" part of my life
- Coming up with blog ideas for the Fall. I want to start a new series, just not sure what it is yet.
- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!
- Spending time with my family
So this is why I won't be blogging much this summer. I hope you hang in there and keep checking back.
What are your plans for the summer? If you have a family, what are some creative ways you build character in them?
Thanks for stopping by,