This has been a very busy summer. I recently started working at my church office. Hubby, who is a teacher, is Mr. Mom while the kids are on summer break.... he can't wait to get back to his day job *smile* He has a new appreciation for stay-at-home moms.
While I'm hard at work, trying to balance work life with family life and church life, I'm learning a lot about myself. I'm not talking deep, philosophical stuff. I'm talking strange, quirky stuff. Let me share a few:
- it drives me crazy when people leave their blinkers on and I'm stuck behind them on the road. I find myself constantly tapping my breaks thinking, "Now? *tap* Are you gonna *tap*... wait, breaking now? *tap* No, not now. What? *tap* Now? *tap*" You get the drill. Very annoying. Maybe I should just give up and ram into them. That'll teach 'em not to keep their blinkers on.
- when I go through the drive-thru, and I happen to be doing that a lot lately, I take my sunglasses off when I get to the window. For some reason, I feel the need to look the people in the eye when I'm giving them my money and collect my stuff. I have this thing about people talking to me with sunglasses on. I need eye contact! I make exceptions if it's sunny outside and migraines are involved.
- The concept of gum kind of grosses me out. The thought of chewing on a piece of rubbery blob for hours that has now been contaminated with the stuff that was stuck between my teeth turns my stomach. So I try not to think about it when I pop a piece of gum in my mouth.
- Speaking of chewing gum, I don't really chew it as much as I pop it between my front teeth. It's such an annoying habit and I really try to be conscious of it while I have gum in my mouth, but when I'm alone with my gum... it's pop heaven, baby! It's kind of a stress reliever and helps me process. Weird.
- I want more kids... what?! Yes, this is a biggie... maybe more philosophical than quirky, but it's true nonetheless. For my friends who know me and are shocked by this, we need to get together for coffee.
- I've crossed over to total Mac Snobville. I got an iPhone and I'm in love. The love affair all started with our mac desktop computer a year ago and now is fueled by my iPhone. LOVE... that's all I can say.
- I realize that I get hooked on one or two songs and it's all I listen to for a week, driving the people around me crazy. Then it's over and I move on to another set of songs. It's weird and it's been a problem since I was 12 years old and was hooked on Madonna's Crazy for You. I listened to it so much that my best-friend at the time made a tape of the song over and over again. She was doing it out of annoyance and a joke, but it's still one of the best gifts I've ever received. Like I said, weird.
- I have a full-fledged coffee addiction. It used to be that I would get the shakes if I had too much coffee. Now I get them when I haven't had caffeine. True addiction. I need to do something about that. I'll start Monday.
These are just a few of the things I'm learning about myself. There is so much more but I have to leave for church now.
I can't promise when I'll write again. Probably when the girls start school and I have a little more time. I do have a lot to share... if I still have readers...