Monday, February 28, 2011

My Friday

Last Friday was great!  This Friday... not so exciting.  I decided to tackle my linen closet.  I am embarrassed to show this to you but, it's reality.  So, here it is: 

Top of closet - Before

Bottom of closet - Before

I look at these pictures and think, "How on earth do I let things get like this?!"  I don't know the answer.  I just know it's awful.  I'd like to think I'm not alone and everyone's closet looks like this... please don't tell me otherwise.  Let me live in ignorant bliss.  
I emptied everything out of the closet and threw it on my bed.  I weeded through the piles of junk.  I threw away so many expired over-the-counter medications and sunblocks.  That was easy since I don't use that stuff anymore.  I made a pile of sheets and towels to donate. There are four of us living in this house, not forty.  It's hard to get rid of things.  I often live with the "just in case I need this" mentality.  It helps to ask yourself, "When was the last time I used this?" as you're going through your stuff.  Most of the stuff I forgot I had.  Others I hadn't used in years.  All I had to do was look at the before photos and it was enough to motivate me to donate things.  

After much sorting, here is the end result: 

Closet - After

I have SO much space left!  I put the First-Aid container in the middle of the closet so my kids could reach it.  Now, if I could only get them to put things back, I'd be a happy mom!  

I'm thinking about painting my closet.  It's SO drab.  Although, with the long list of other household projects hanging over my head, this will most likely never happen.  I have many more things to organize, but I'm happy to have at least one thing crossed off.
What kind of household projects do you have going on?  

Thanks for stopping by,


  

  






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...