Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dreams


I had a dream about my brother last night. Actually, it was this morning because it woke me up at 6 a.m. I know I must have been crying in my sleep because I woke up with puffy eyes and a stuffy nose. I hate dreams like that... the ones that stay with you and disorient you for the rest of the day. 

My brother, Brian, is in heaven now. In December of 2007 he was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma. He died in July of 2007 at the age of 26. It's amazing how much you regret, how much you wish you could turn back the clock and take in every moment, every word, every minute spent together. 

I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with Brian. He was my baby brother, the one I carried around on my hip until he got too heavy for me to pick up. And I was his big sister, the one he called when he needed advice. I'll miss him until the day I die. But I know I'll see him in heaven one day. Until that day, I will live his example of God's love and mercy. His desire was for people to know Christ. His funeral was packed, standing room only, and several people received God into their hearts that day. I knew then that he accomplished what he always wanted.  He left this earth with a full life and a full heart.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...