Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Bathrobe

Did you ever have one piece of clothing that you loved so much you thought, "If I were going to be stranded on an island and could only take one article of clothing with me, it would be...."? I experience that every night I get my pajamas on and slip into my bathrobe. I have been looking for a bathrobe like this for a long time. It's comfortable and WARM. It's like a big blanket with armholes and a zipper. 

My husband is very laid back. But there are a few things he has opinions on and when he chooses to express them, I know I should take notice. One of his preferences is my sleep wear. The only thing he has an opinion about is not wearing nightgowns. I'm not talking cute, little, spaghetti strap nightgowns. I'm talking button up, big color, puffy sleeves, flannel nightgowns. Honestly, I would prefer something like that to my pj bottoms and t-shirts I wear now, but I do love my husband and don't want to totally make him cringe at the sight of my evening wear. 

I know you're dying to see it now, so here it is:


What do you think?  Is it that bad?  My husband does NOT like it.  I tease him and call it my Sexy Robe because it does the exact opposite of attracting attention from him.  The only kind of attention I get in this thing is a head nod of disapproval.  It's all in good fun.  However, I do know that I'd be pushing it if I came out of the bedroom in something like this:

     
But come on, can you blame a guy?  This is hideous.  (I apologize if you own something that looks remotely like this.)  But it does put things in perspective, right SWEETIE?  It could be worse!  It could be this: 

Or this...

Or this...

Now I would wear this, if only it passed the Husband Approval Rating...

...but it doesn't. 

So, it looks like I'm stuck with Sexy Robe and my pajama's that look a lot like this: 


I know, pretty hot, right?  Sometimes comfort does beat out style... that's just the truth of it.  


1 comment:

  1. That robe reminds me of the robe my mother wore back in the early 80's when I was a weee little girl. She wore that thing every morning. Hers was navy blue. I'm not giving an opinion, just sharing an antidote. Not a good one, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...