Saturday, May 15, 2010

Clean Laundry

As I've posted a few times before, I've been in the process of making my own home and beauty supplies.  About three days ago, I posted a new recipe for Honey Cleanser.  I LOVE the honey cleanser.  I ran out yesterday and switched back to the Dr. Bronner's.  My skin was not the same.  Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Bronner's for many things, but after my shower my skin was dry and itchy.  I had to use lotion for the first time in a few days.  With the honey cleanser, I didn't have to use anything after my shower.  It was nice.  I'm into quick and easy and not having an extra step of lotion makes it even quicker.  

I was talking to my friend Amanda the other day, and we were trying to decide if the laundry detergent we've been using is the most cost effective.  (It's the recipe on my home and beauty link).  One of the reasons I'm doing this is to save money for my family.  With our conversation in mind, I started searching for some other laundry recipes.  I found one that I'm going to try and I want to share it with you.  I've been avoiding using a powder recipe for laundry because I've never liked how it worked in the past.  I've always felt like the clothes are left looking whitish and dingy.  However, I'm going to try this recipe and see how it works. Having the soap flakes may help.  

Basic Laundry Soap Powder
1 cup scented baking soda (drop a few drops of essential oils into your baking soda for scent)
1 cup soap flakes or finely grated pure bar soap (such as Dr. Bronner's or Kirk's)  

*You could always skip the essential oil and use a scented bar of castile soap.  

As I was researching soap flakes I found these recipes.  I may also try these.  

Let me know what you think.  I'll keep you posted as I try the recipes.  

Thanks for stopping by,




     

2 comments:

  1. A lot of the powder recipes call for Fells Naptha (or however you spell it), and that's not good for cloth diapers for whatever reason. Since this one looks like it'd be okay for cloth diapers, let me know how you like it. W/o the vinegar, do you think you'll need a dryer sheet now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to try and experiment with using the liquid recipe from the link I attached and include vinegar somehow. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...