Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cinnamon Toast

Picture taken by Pioneer Woman

My children woke me up this morning saying, "Mama, wake up.  We're so hungry our stomachs are growling."  I usually just throw cereal in a bowl and hand it over.  But, today I felt like making something a little different.  

I had fresh baked bread I made last night, so I decided to make cinnamon toast.  Ooooh, ahhh.  I know, it sounds unimpressive, right?  But this wasn't just any cinnamon toast, this was Pioneer Woman's cinnamon toast.  Let me just say, my children are bowing at my feet and the aroma dragged my husband's sleeping butt out of bed.  If you know anything about my husband's sleep patterns, (and why wouldn't you?) not even an earthquake would wake that man.    

It tasted really good!  Now, you may try it and think it's too sweet.  But if you have a sweet tooth like mine, it's not possible for anything to be too sweet.  

You can click the link above to view the recipe on PW's site, but if you want to get straight to the point and avoid all her dialogue,  here's the recipe: 


Prep Time: 10 MinutesCook Time: 15 MinutesDifficulty: EasyServings: 8
Ingredients
  • 16 slices Bread (whole Wheat Is Great!)
  • 2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
  • ⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
Remove from oven and cut diagonally.  
  
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...