Friday, February 3, 2012



Soooo, Pinterest.  I avoided jumping on the bandwagon for a while.  I don't know why.  It may have been because I knew I'd be completely addicted, living and breathing Pinterest.  That's how I am.  I find something new and jump all in.  It can become all consuming.  That happens a lot when I start a new book.  I do my day to day stuff, all the while thinking about the book that's beckoning me.  I'm a bit of a nerd that way.  

It all started with a sugar shaker.  I was at a friends house making coffee and asked for some sugar.  She pulled out this adorable sugar shaker made with a mason jar, salt pour spout, and some scrapbook paper.  When I asked where she got it, she said, "Pinterest!  You have to check it out!"  Later that night I received an invitation to join Pinterest... and the rest is history. 

Today I added this to my blog: 

If you haven't done this on your blog and you want to, click here for instructions.  It's EASY!  Usually I call my friend Amanda for help, but I decided to try it myself first before I bugged her.  Success!  

Here's where it all began for me: 

Top of my shaker

My sugar shaker
Ignore the mess behind my photo.
My girls and I were painting our nails.

Mason Jar Sugar Shaker

Supplies: 
  • Mason Jar (either half pint or pint size)
  • Empty salt container
  • Utility knife
  • Mason jar ring
  • Optional: scrapbook paper & glue stick

Directions for making the sugar shaker: 
  1. Take an empty cardboard salt container and cut off the entire round top piece, including sides (fits a wide mouth canning jar)
  2. Fill the jar with sugar
  3. Place cardboard lid on top of mason jar
  4. Screw on mason jar ring

Viola!  

Optional: (after step #1) Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit on the cardboard lid.  Glue to top of cardboard lid. Allow to dry before moving on to step #3.


Go check out Pinterest!  Be inspired!


Do you pin???


Thanks for stopping by,






2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! :) I've seen that but haven't had an empty salt container to make it yet. I have become addicted to hair styles and fun DIY stuff like this. My house is cleaner because of all the cleaning tips I've found and just HAVE to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I've been a crafting machine and it's all because of Pinterest! It's so inspiring, I'm even thinking about getting a sewing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...