Tuesday, February 28, 2012



Books!  Books! Books! I LOVE to read.  If I’m being truthful, I enjoy fiction more than non-fiction.  But either way, I love a good book.  

I thought I’d share my short reading list with you. These are a few of the books I want to finish in the next couple of months: 




Cookbooks: Master Your Metabolism Cookbook by Jillian Michaels and The Best Life Diet Cookbook by Bob Greene.  These shouldn’t take too long to go through. I'm hoping to find some good recipes.   I like these books because you can learn a lot about your body and a healthy lifestyle mixed in with the recipes.  

Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try Hard Life by Emily P. Freeman.  I read about this book on another blog and thought I’d check it out.

Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony.  I started this book and love it so far.  Looking forward to finishing it.  It discusses the importance of raising your kids with a passion and love for God that comes from within themselves, not just because of what we, as parents, teach them to feel.  Awesome.

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food by Lisa Terkeurst.  I’m thinking about doing this as a 10-week small group at my church.

Relentless Hope by Beth Guckenberger (of Back2Back Ministries).   In this book, Beth shares short stories of ordinary people facing extraordinary circumstances with lost, abandoned and abused children of the world.  (She also wrote Reckless Faith, which is an awesome book, especially if you have a heart for orphans... which I do.)  Very quick reads.

Another book that is not featured in my picture is Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers.  I was first introduced to Francine Rivers in Redeeming Love. Amazing book!  Her Mother’s Hope is a book about the tumultuous relationship between a mother/daughter. Looking forward to reading it.

I think these should keep me busy for a while.  I recently discovered downloading books onto my iPhone from my library (and sometimes Kindle).  This has opened up a whole new world of reading to me.  I can take it with me wherever I go.  Love it!     

I welcome book suggestions, so feel free to shoot them my way.

What are you reading?  






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...