Sunday, April 11, 2010

Painting Pottery

What do you like to do to de-stress?  Watch t.v.?  Eat?  Cook?  Scream?  Clean?  Take a bath?  I like to do just about all of those things.  But one of my favorite things to do is paint pottery.  

While Hubby and I were window shopping one weekend, well, I was window shopping and he was looking at his watch, we found this cute little place called The Bare Bowl.  We walked inside and didn't leave until 5 hours later.  Yes, I have a husband who is creative and enjoys artistic things, so he didn't mind painting pottery with me.  

I was so excited about this place, I went home and told all my friends about it.  And so began the endless visits to The Bare Bowl.  Every couple of months, a few of us go spend the day being creative and de-stressing.  Today was one of those days.  I wanted to share some photos with you.  There are several, but keep looking, it's worth it.  





One of the things I love about The Bare Bowl is that their prices are all inclusive.  So if you see a $10 price tag, that includes the cost of the pottery, the paint, the firing, and you can stay as long as you want. A lot of places charge a separate fee for all of those things.  It's so affordable!



I love this place.  The staff is so friendly too.  They have great ideas and are willing to help you out, you know, if you're *ahem* not so creative.  



And no, I'm not getting paid for this advertisement.  It's just how I feel.  However, if someone wanted to pay me...



Some cute pottery on display.







Ok, look at what they do with baby hands and feet here.  Notice the lion up on the left?  That's a hand.  Here's another: 



That tractor is a foot!  Ah!  Isn't that so cute?!  



Here's what I painted.  It's not fired yet, so this is the before picture.  All of the smudging on the words will burn off and the end result will be a nice, shiny, piece of art.  Well, "art" as in amateur painted pottery.  That's as artsy as I get.  


So that's what I spent the day doing.  And did I mention that there is a delicious little coffee shop right next door?  Did I also mention that I love coffee?  It was a great day with coffee, friends, and pottery.  It doesn't get any better that that...


Thanks for stopping by, 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...