I almost gave up last night. I was busy and tired. For a moment I thought, "Ah, who's gonna care if I quit? There probably isn't anyone doing the 30-Day Fitness Challenge anyway." Then I realized, I would know if I quit. I would be letting myself down. I would be cheating myself. I knew the feeling of failing again would be worse than finding time and working out when I was tired. So, I managed to find 30 minutes and I'm glad I did. It may not have been the hardest work out I've ever had, but it got my heart pumping, and I stuck with my goal.
We're seven days in. If you're with me, keep it up! You're doing a great job. How do you feel about what you're accomplishing? Did you think it would be impossible to exercise for 5 days in a row?
Tip of the Day: S-T-R-E-T-C-H
Stretching is an important part of your exercise routine. Here are some tips:
If you'd like more stretching tips, including pictures, click here.
- Stretch after your exercise routine as part of your cooling-down routine.
- When you stretch, ease your body into position, until you feel a mild pull on your muscles, tendons and ligaments. A stretch should not hurt.
- Hold a stretch for 30 seconds or more. Wait 15 to 30 seconds before you stretch the next group of muscles.
- Breathe deeply while you stretch to help your body move oxygen-rich blood to those sore muscles.
- Don't bounce, and don't force yourself into an uncomfortable position.