Saturday, March 27, 2010

Really Good Waffles!

Hi, All. I just made breakfast for my family. We haven't had waffles in a while, so I decided it was time. I found a recipe on the internet that would work with our waffle maker. I tweaked a few things, and the results were delicious! The texture was good, flavor was good....they were just really good. I wanted to share the recipe with you, if you're looking for a waffle recipe. I have to say, this is not a low-fat recipe. It's got white flour, sugar AND real butter *gasp*. So if you're looking for something healthy, you'll have to look elsewhere. Or you can try and tweak it into something healthier.

Enjoy!

2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla

Throw it all into your mixer or mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour into a greased waffle iron. Close the lid. Wait patiently. Open. Put on your plate. Slather with real maple syrup. Enjoy.

At first, I thought the mixture looked a little runny, but I gave it a shot anyway. They turned out great.

Stop reading now and go have breakfast with your family!

Thanks for stopping by,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...